Sunday, April 25, 2010

ILLUSTRATION FUTURO

After several months of planning, last Thursday was the opening reception for Illustration Futuro at the Illustration House. The purpose of the gallery was to promote the future of illustration in a venue famous for showcasing the history of it. I was fortunate enough to have TWO of my illustrations accepted into the show. The opening was a major success and the place was jam-packed! Special shout out to Yuquan Tan and Charles George for helping me in planning the whole event and a thanks to the judges of the show: Melanie Reim, Vincent Difate
and Eric Fowler. Here are some of my favorite pictures of the night:

The gallery filled up fast with eager supporters.



I was also fortunate enough to have the first ever digital illustration to hang on the walls of Illustration House! Here is a pic of me standing next to it.


Special thanks to my friends Kate Feirtag and Tom Stavrinos from the Society of Illustrators as well as Society President, Dennis Dittrich who came to show their support.



Even illustrator, Rich Tu (in red) stopped by at the end of the night to check out the art. It was great talking to him. His advice to Charles and myself was helpful as well as motivational.



I can't say thank you enough to the friendly and generous staff of Illustration House for all their help in setting up this show. While we were hanging the show we had the honor of taking a picture with Illustration House founder, Walt Reed.



For everyone who couldn't make it to the opening, the show is up until April 30th. The Illustration House is open Tuesday- Saturdays. Check website for more info. This was one of the bext experiences in my young career thus far and I know more great things are yet to come. SO STAY TUNED!

No comments: