Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Process

So I realized I should start posting more than just finished pieces on here. A little while ago I did an illustration assigned to me by illustrator / art director Nate Williams a.k.a. Alexander Blue a.k.a. creator of Illustration Mundo. My mission was to illustrate an article describing the Texas Board of Education enforcing religion into their curriculum. Here are the sketches I showed him:


The 3rd sketch ended up being chosen. The only changes requested was that the priest not be a Catholic one since Catholicism isn't the predominant religion in Texas. Its Protestantism. I made the necessary changes and finished the final illustration shown here:


State of Religion
Photoshop / Illustrator

The entire project was executed within 7 days. I love working under pressure in tight deadlines. It prevents me from over-thinking things or getting bored. Special thanks to Nate Williams for all his helpful advice throughout the process.

3 comments:

*michelle* said...

yes. it has been an issue in texas.
with those giant "churches" are around and all their money.
yeah, catholicism isn't the majority.
pretty interesting subject matter.
but, there is a strong bible belt down there. gotta watch it.

*michelle* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uhreezuh said...

I think you need to work on your shapes and color selection on this piece still. You have really good ideas, but now you gotta start focusing on the execution.