Thursday, January 8, 2009

Making things happen

I've recently become a bit fascinated with those toy mannequins people use to draw from. . A friend gave me a sketch book for Christmas and I have been drawing in it lately. I want to see if I can make my sketchbook have the feel of a children's book. To see if thats possible and to appease my interest in mannequins I have painted one in the sketchbook as my opening spread. More projects soon to come. I've been busy taking a course on Art of India while painting a mural.

ALSO: I have decided to from now on post a link to something interesting i happen to find on the internet with every blog post I submit. Here is the first. It's clever advertisements used on park benches along with some street art:


illusion.scene360.com/?cat=cat=133


Welcome!
Colored Pencil in Sketchbook

1 comment:

Nathalie Gonzalez said...

Hermanito-- Good stuff and I like how you made it a spread. I didn't comment on your last blog but I would like to see you do more paintings, the figure looks well done. Your color pencil and painting styles have transitioned well. :)