Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mila Kunis Portrait

Snapple Fact # 231" Mila Kunis has 2 different colored eyes.

Snapple Fact # 347: Christian Castro paints fast and meets deadlines.

OK so these aren't actual Snapple facts but they are indeed true. Mila Kunis is one of my favorite actresses and has what is called "heterochromia iridis" which is a fancy way of saying that her eyes are different colors. Pretty cool, right? Here's a pic in case you think I'm a dirty liar: CLICK HERE!! (Actress, Kate Bosworth also has this! Who knew?) Anyway, I've been busy these past few weeks with "art stuff" and have managed to whip out a lot of portfolio pieces lately including this portrait of Mila Kunis. I chose to make most of it black & white so more focus could be put on her colorful eyes.


I love combining vector shapes with photoshop textures. It's a great fusion. I'm also experimenting more with patterns for backgrounds. I see it used a lot in Fashion / Lifestyle illustrations and love how it looks. Here are some details of the illustration:







Even more art on the way! Make sure to follow the blog if you haven't yet! Till next time!

http://christiancastroart.com/

1 comment:

s.b. kosinski said...

heres a question Why did you have a cane when I saw you in may?