Monday, December 13, 2010

Passion for Fashion?

I wouldn't call this a fashion illustration. It doesn't have the traditional fashion illustration body proportions. But I don't think that's always necessary. J. C. Leyndecker is famous for his Saturday Evening Post covers but much of his success came from his fashion illustrations. This includes his famous "Arrow-Collar Man" I''m sure he helped sell thousands of shirts with that one all while painting people realistically.

So I guess this is more of an image influenced by fashion illustrations. I've been looking at a lot of Cole Phillips works. I don't think I'll ever get tires of his fade away girls. Thus I made my own:



It's done in pencil with blue India ink in sketchbook. I keep painting in my sketchbook. It's just so compact and convenient! Till next week bloggers!

No comments: